Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Consumed with God’s Glory

You cannot bear those who are evil.

Revelation 2:2

We should be so consumed with God’s glory that we hurt when He is dishonored. That was certainly the attitude of David when he said, “Because zeal for Your house has eaten me up, and the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me” (Ps 69:9). David was deeply hurt when God was dishonored.

As a father, I understand what David was saying. If you hurt someone in my family, you hurt me. Often I have cried for someone I love whose heart was broken. When you identify with God in that way, you will care about His honor much more than about what happens to you.

MacArthur, J. (2001). Truth for today : A daily touch of God's grace (Page 51). Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman.
Listen to this entry Listen to this entry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home