Saturday, December 03, 2005

What Makes You Tick?

I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you.

Colossians 1:25

What motivates you? What takes all your energy, dominates your time, and makes you tick? For the apostle Paul, it was the progress of the gospel. What might happen to his own body or career was of little consequence to him. In Acts 20:24 he said, “Nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus.” He yielded up his life, possessions, clothes, recognition, reputation, and prestige to one goal: “to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24).

To the church in Rome Paul wrote, “I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also” (Rom 1:15). And in 1 Corinthians 9:16 he testifies to what compelled him, “Necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.”

Paul was driven to see the gospel move forward—he is a model for every Christian. Is your life like Paul’s?

MacArthur, J. (2001). Truth for today : A daily touch of God's grace (Page 364). Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman.
Listen to this entry Listen to this entry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home