Tuesday, November 15, 2005

An Anchor of Confidence

In you, O Lord, I put my trust; let me never be ashamed; deliver me in Your righteousness.

Psalm 31:1

As today’s verse indicates, David trusted God mightily in the midst of severe hardship. He also said, “For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name’s sake, lead me and guide me. Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, for You are my strength” (Ps 31:3-4). His trust rested in the character of God. An adequate knowledge of God is essential for spiritual stability. And the only way to know God is through what He has chosen to reveal of Himself in Scripture.

MacArthur, J. (2001). Truth for today : A daily touch of God's grace (Page 344). Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman.
Listen to this entry Listen to this entry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home