Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Proof's In The Light

Finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.

Ephesians 5:10

The joy of a Christian is to be a living example of God’s truth—to be a living verification of what is pleasing to Him.

When I was in Damascus, I discovered that the shops don’t have windows. If you want to buy something, you have to take it out into the street and hold it up to the light to detect any flaws. Similarly, the only way to evaluate our lives is to expose every action, decision, and motive to the light of Christ and His Word.

When I go to the airport and put my suitcase through the scanner, I never worry about what the guard might see. I don’t have anything to hide. I don’t carry any guns or bombs. That’s the way we ought to be as Christians. We shouldn’t mind having the light reveal what we are, because it should only verify the truthfulness of our identity. We ought to be willing to expose our lives to light so that it will prove that we are light.

MacArthur, J. (2001). Truth for today : A daily touch of God's grace (Page 197). Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman.
Listen to this entry Listen to this entry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home