Friday, January 28, 2005

Give Yourself

We were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives.

1 Thessalonians 2:8

I had the privilege of attending seminary to study for the ministry. I learned much from the books I read, the notes I took, and the papers I wrote. But I learned far more from the lives of the men who taught me. Rather than focusing on what they said, I concentrated on why they said it.

That is what Paul did with the Romans. He, in effect, said, “Before I give you my theology, let me give you myself.” Paul is a model for all who serve Christ. Follow Paul’s example and begin giving yourself.

MacArthur, J. (2001). Truth for today : A daily touch of God's grace (Page 39). Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman.
Listen to this entry Listen to this entry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home